Do Gold Membership purchases renew? How can I turn off auto-renewal?
Yes. Gold Membership purchases on ChessKid will automatically renew at the end of the expiration cycle so that you don't have a lapse in premium benefits. You can turn off the auto-renewal function at any time.
From your Chesskid.com home page (on a regular desktop computer), log in to the ChessKid account that purchased the membership:
- Click on the "Settings" icon followed by the "Subscription":
Here, click on " Cancel Gold Membership":
- Please log in to the Kid account (with their username and password) that purchased the membership
- Click on "Settings" followed by "Subscription" and then "Click here to update your billing info"
- Here, click on "Cancel Auto-Renewal":
If the purchase was made from an adult account ( Parent, Teacher, Coach) the process will look like this:
If your membership was started with Apple iTunes, please click HERE to cancel your membership. To request a refund, please go to Apple Refund Request. You can also reach out to Apple Support (or call 1-800–692–7753).
If the purchase was made from a Kid account:
There are a few special membership types which may require a different process:
- ChessKid does not manage subscription cycles purchased on iOS devices through the Apple App store or iTunes. If you make a purchase through the app, then decide to switch to a subscription purchased via a computer browser, you may need to separately cancel your subscription from your Apple device.
- If you're an administrator at a large school or school district, you may have a ChessKid "Enterprise" type account with a different type of Gold subscription. Please reach out to your ChessKid representative if you need renewal assistance.
- To manage your Google Play account please click on the following link: Google Play Help.