Here are the guidelines for custom usernames:
Usernames on ChessKid may be 3 to 20 alphanumeric characters with no spaces or symbols other than - or _ and these cannot be at the beginning or end of the username. Usernames must also be appropriate for young children, no adult themes or violent themes may be used.
Here's how to request custom usernames for your connected Kid accounts (from within an Adult account):
- Log into your ChessKid Adult account
- Click on "Manage" followed by "Kids"
- Next to the Kid account username you're interested in changing, click on the horizontal menu followed by "Edit Kid":
- Enter in the requested username:
- Make sure to click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page:
*Please Note: Until your custom username is approved by our ChessKid staff you will need to log in with the computer generated username(s) given to you upon sign-up and the password(s) created for the account(s).
For Parents, Coaches, Schools awaiting a batch of usernames to be approved:
- From your ChessKid home page, click on "Manage" followed by "Kids" to see a list of the current usernames to login with.