How do I host a tournament? (parent/coach)
Adult accounts are able to create Tournaments. Tournaments are a Club feature. In order to host a tournament, you must have your Kid accounts grouped together into a Club. ChessKid currently offers Fast Chess Tournaments (played in real-time).
Fast Chess Tournaments
Fast Chess Tournaments are created inside the Fast Chess ("Play vs Kid") section of ChessKid:
From your adult account home page:
- Click on "Play" followed by "Play vs Kid".
- Click the orange "New Club Tournament" button at the bottom of the Fast Chess menu.
- Choose a Club that will host the tournament, set a start day and time, & enter the rest of your tournament parameters.
- Click "Create".
- Once set up, the Tournament will show on the Tournaments Tab on the right side Fast Chess menu. This is also where you can cancel an event if needed.
- The event will automatically run as long as the minimum number of players join. As the Tournament Director, you do not need to view the event in order for it to start, but you do have the ability to see the tournament standings and games in progress as a spectator if you'd like.
Here's a video tutorial on how to set up a Fast Chess Tournament.
Here's a video tutorial you can share with players on how Kids join a Fast Chess Tournament.
Here's an article that describes how to set up a Fast Chess Tournament.
Here's an article you can share with players with some tips on how to have the best online tournament playing experience.