How To View Or Change My Membership
Gold Membership purchases on ChessKid will automatically renew at the end of the expiration cycle so that you don't have a lapse in premium benefits. You can turn off the auto-renewal function at any time. ( Settings > Subscription > Click here to update your billing info > Cancel Auto Renewal)
From your Chesskid.com home page (on a regular desktop computer),
- Log into the ChessKid account that purchased the membership
- Click on Settings > Subscription > Click here to update your billing info
*Note: If your "Subscription" area only shows a Basic Membership, then this is probably not the ChessKid account username that made the purchase. Your account may have a complimentary gold, so you won't see options to manage it. Usernames And Custom Usernames.
- If you wish to cancel your auto-renewal, click the following button:
- If you wish to change your billing information, click the "Edit" pencil icon:
- Now, just fill in your new information, and click "Change":
If, for some reason, the edit pencil icon is not available in your billing details area:
- You will need to cancel the current membership and then purchase another with the new billing details. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- While still in the billing details area (Settings > Subscription > Click here to update your billing details), scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Cancel Gold Membership" on the right:
- Click on this link to start the process of purchasing a new gold membership with your new billing information :)
- Make sure you're logged in to the username you wish to purchase the gold account from.
There are a few special membership types which require a different process:
ChessKid does not manage subscription cycles purchased on iOS devices through the Apple App store or iTunes. If you make a purchase through the app, then decide to switch to a subscription purchased via a computer browser, you will need to cancel your subscription from your Apple device. Apple Support can be reached by phone at 1-800-692-7753 or by visiting the Apple Support webpage.
If your membership was purchased through Google Play, you will need to contact Google Play Help.
If you're an administrator at a large school or school district, you may have a ChessKid "Enterprise" type account with a different type of Gold subscription. Please reach out to your ChessKid representative if you need renewal assistance.
To manage your Google Play account please click on the following link: Google Play Help.