How to Transfer or Switch Primary Guardianship to a Coach or Teacher
Some coaches offer Gold Memberships to students through their programs or Clubs. In order to assign the Gold membership, they need to be the "Primary Guardian" of the Kid account. If your child would like to continue using the same account they've been playing with, you'll need to switch the Primary Guardianship of the account to their coach.
From your Parent/Coach account Home screen:
- Click the "My Kids" link.
- Select the "Edit Kid" tool from the options menu next to the kid account for which you'd like to add a guardian.
- Click the "Edit Guardianship" option on the right side of the screen.
- Type in the Coach/Teacher's ChessKid.com account email address.
1. Click "Add Guardian" to select Transfer Type (remove, transfer, or switch)
2. Select "Switch to Primary"
3. Click the Save button
The coach will now have the ability to assign your Kid a Gold membership and you will retain them in your My Kids list.
If you wish to completely remove the Kid from your My Kids list, you may click "Transfer Guardianship" and this will completely transfer the Kid account to the Coach/Teacher.