(Kids) How To Play My Friend In Fast Chess
In order to see your friend in your friends list, both kid accounts must also have sent each other a friend request first, and added their friend to their friends list. To play your friend, they must also be logged in, online, and in the Fast Chess area at the same time as you are.
Friends can be found in the " Connect" tab on the home page. Here you will see a list of all your friends or you can search for new ones using the "Search Friends" area:
Once you see your friend's username, click on the 3 horizontal lines followed by "Add to Friends" and that will send your friend a Friend Request:
Once the Friend Request is sent you should then see a pop-up telling you that your friend must also send you a Friend Request:
Once you've both sent and accepted the Friend Request from each other you should both be listed as Friends on each other's accounts!
Friends can also be found in Fast Chess through the "Play" tab, Slow Chess & Puzzle Duel.
To find your friend and play them a "Fast Chess" game,
Click on " Play", "Play vs. Kid" and then the icon on the right that resembles a person. If your friend is online and you're already connected as friends (meaning you both have sent and accepted a friend request from each other), you will see them when you click on the "Friends" tab on the right:
To play Slow Chess (which can last several days) with your Friend,
Click on " Play", "Slow Chess", click on the Friend's picture and the "Play" icon:
From a Kid account, to search for or play your friend (another kid account) a game in fast chess,
- Click on "Play" then "Play vs Kid" and then the Friend icon on the right that looks like a person.
- If any of your friends are online, you will see them below the friend tab. There will be a "Play" icon to the right of their name that you can click on to start a game with them.
- To search for your friend, type their unique ChessKid username into the box (bottom right) and click enter.
If you're a kid trying to play an adult, you will need that adult listed as a Guardian on your kid account before you can connect with them. Here's information on Guardianship.
From an Adult account, here's what the process looks like for you!
- If any of your ChessKid friends (which will only be your connected Kid accounts) are online you will see them here! (Play > Play vs. Kid > Friend Tab)
- You can also search for them by typing their username into the box below and clicking Enter.