Do Gold Membership purchases renew? How can I turn off auto-renewal?
Yes. Gold Membership purchases on ChessKid will automatically renew at the end of the expiration cycle so that you don't have a lapse in premium benefits.
You can turn off the auto-renewal function at any time.
If the purchase was made from an Adult account (Parent, Teacher or Coach):
- Now, on the Membership page, click the red "Cancel Gold Membership" button:
If the purchase was made from a Kid account:
- Click on the gear-shaped "Settings" icon,
- Select "Subscription" from the top tabs,
- Click the orange "Update your Billing Info" button,
- Click the "Cancel Gold Membership" button.
There are a few special membership types which may require a different process:
- ChessKid does not manage subscription cycles purchased on iOS devices through the Apple App store or iTunes. If you make a purchase through the app, then decide to switch to a subscription purchased via a computer browser, you may need to separately cancel your subscription from your Apple device.
- If you're an administrator at a large school or school district, you may have a ChessKid "Enterprise" type account with a different type of Gold subscription. Please reach out to your ChessKid representative if you need renewal assistance.